Swing of Things

This coming Saturday will mark 4 weeks here in Bolivia. Time has a way of going super fast and super slow at the same time here. It feels like we have been here forever, and yet like it is all brand new. However, I think it is safe to say we are finding a routine that works.

I have started teaching with VIP Kids in the mornings and while I had heard tales of it taking a month or more to get bookings, I opened up my time slots on Sunday and by Monday morning I had 12 bookings, and by Tuesday I had 17 bookings within the next 2 weeks!  So, my morning starts bright an early with 1-3 English lessons. Before class I make some coffee, and try to read my morning devotional before I login to teach kiddos in China.

My hope is Miss K will sleep through the lessons, but if she is awake the plan is that she will play quietly or watch her tablet until I am done teaching. Once classes are done we hang out here at home, and Miss K has a little breakfast while I do laundry or other chores, sweeping tends to always be needed. With tile floors and wind that blows dust under the doors, sweeping is becoming second nature. As is wearing socks and shoes almost always. If you know me and Miss K this is perhaps one of our biggest struggles as we are bare feet people.

After breakfast and chores, we play together, or Miss K plays with her cousin while I do something else. At lunch Tio Ieri brings us some yummy food when he brings home Miss S from school. We eat with the family and then there is a little time for play before Miss K takes a nap. Some days, like yesterday we forgo the nap for an afternoon outing. Today we will venture to the Ferria (think GIANT flea market) to shop for Miss K's birthday decorations.

While Miss K naps I prep for upcoming lessons, and snag a little TV time.

Then there is more play time with cousins until we meet up with family for a dinner out. (most days) We usually are home by 8:30 or 9pm and then it is time to wind down, shower, and get to bed.

The plus side of having a schedule is that the time goes by quicker, and we can start to have a bit a normalcy. Speaking of schedules, I heard the gate open downstairs so that means it is time for lunch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing easy about leaving

Transition

Hard Things