Ready or Not

I'll admit I am nervous to drop Miss. K into a new preschool, mid year, new country, new teachers, new kids, new language.
I had no intention of even attempting this until Fall maybe not even till February when the new school year starts here.
Miss. K however has been asking to go to school since last week and yesterday when we wandered past a play school yard filled with joy filled kids having fun it was almost more than she could handle and she started pleading to go to school.
So, I talked to her Tia and asked about her cousins school and the possibility of Miss. K attending the same play school, she thought it would work so we are going to check it out.
Miss. K was so excited she had Disney Land sleep as my patents called it. She fell asleep early with the promise of school but then tossed and turned and woke at 4am and yelled, "Mamá I am so EXCITED to go to school!" To which my much less enthusiastic reply was, "great, go to sleep." But she was wide awake.
So, now 4 hours later we are dressed and ready, or at least she is. I'm still nervous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing easy about leaving

Transition

Hard Things