Kinda Crappy

Honestly I had pretty low expectations for a great birthday this year, seeing as we just arrived a week ago and don't really know anyone but family. However my Bolivian family threw a great celebration for me, San Juan and other family members who are back in town. We had great food and drink and everyone had a fabulous time.
That was the night before my birthday. My actual birthday was literally crappy. I woke up to the urge to go to the bathroom and while I made it to the bathroom I sneezed before making it to the pot, and left some evidence of what was to follow in my PJ's. Not fun. As the day went on the shit continued to flow. And while I made it to the toilet most of the time I definitely ruined another pair of PJ's before my mother in law was able to buy me some antidiahrial meds.
But the whole day was not a total shit show, between trips to the bathroom my kitchen cart and my couch were moved into our apartment, which was a fantastic birthday gift.
The thing is it's no fun being sick, and it's worse on your birthday and even worse in a foreign country and harder yet when you have a kid that you need to entertain and care for. That being said, I was well cared for by my family and Miss. K was a very good kid.
Today is not much different than yesterday, but I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing easy about leaving

Transition

Hard Things